We Analysed Over 7500 Deluxe Checks
We analysed 7544 of our most comprehensive vehicle history checks (the deluxe check), we did this to find out the most common issues faced by used car buyers.
Overall result findings
With each deluxe check, we issue an overall result, you can see a sample report here – the overall result is either Pass, Warning or Fail.
Pass – 4557 / 7544 (60.40%)
Fail – 2536 / 7544 (33.61%)
Warning – 451 / 7544 (5.97%)
Reports with 1 fail & 1 warning:
122 / 7544 ( 1.61% ) – Classed as “Fail”
Below, we have further broken down what makes up these statistics, for example the top reasons for a fail/warning.
Fail statistics broken down
|Type||Total Fails||Total Checked||Fail Rate|
|Seen on salvage||15||7544||0.19%|
Explanation of above data:
- Type – What type of check the vehicle failed on, for example, written off means the vehicle has a write off marker against it.
- Total fails – How many vehicles failed for the type of check, e.g. 1332 vehicles failed the write off check.
- Total checked – How many deluxe vehicle history checks we analysed, this figure remains the same.
- Fail rate – Total fail percentage for the type of check (worked out by using the total fails & total checked data).
Warning statistics broken down
|Type||Total Warnings||Total Checked||Warning Rate|
|Unclear finance status||104||7544||1.37%|
Explanation of above data:
- Type – What type of check the vehicle warning was issued for, for example, mileage means the vehicle has possible mileage issues.
- Total Warnings – How many warnings were issued for the type of check, e.g. 370 mileage warnings were issued.
- Total Checked – How many deluxe vehicle history checks we analysed, this figure remains the same.
- Warning Rate – Total warning percentage for the type of check (worked out by using the total warnings & total checked data).
More information about this data
Was any data filtered from these statistics?
Yes, we removed any deluxe checks from this research that had more than 1 fail, or more than 1 warning. (We did this to make the results clearer and easier to understand)
However, some deluxe checks that failed still include warnings as well, for example a vehicle with outstanding finance and mileage issues would be classed as a fail.
Did you include standard check data?
No, we only included our premium deluxe checks in this research – no standard check data was used.
Why were mileage warnings lower than previous research?
When was this data collected?
We collected deluxe check data of 7544 checks between the start of 2019 and 2nd Nov 2020.
Got a question?
Feel free to get in touch via email: email@example.com