Every vehicle has a story to tell, a tale of its journeys, trials, and triumphs on the road. Whether you’re a prospective car buyer looking for a trustworthy companion or a proud car owner curious about your vehicle’s history, the key to unveiling these narratives lies in understanding its MOT history.
At Rapid Car Check, we understand the importance of having this knowledge at your fingertips. That’s why we offer you an easy-to-use and entirely free tool – our MOT History Check service (JUST PUT YOUR REG IN AT THE TOP OF THIS ARTICLE or visit the homepage).
With just your vehicle’s registration number, you can embark on a journey through time, uncovering essential insights that may impact your decision as a buyer or enhance your understanding as an owner.
What is an MOT history check?
An MOT history check is a service that provides you with detailed information about a vehicle’s MOT history, including the dates of each test, the results of each test, and any advisories or failures.
How do I check a vehicle’s MOT history? To check a vehicle’s MOT history, you can use the MOT history check service provided by Rapid Car Check. All you need is the vehicle’s registration number and a few other details.
Why is it important to check a vehicle’s MOT history?
Checking a vehicle’s MOT history can help you make an informed decision about whether or not to buy a used car. It can also help you identify any potential issues with a vehicle that may affect its safety or reliability.
What information will I get from an MOT history check?
An MOT history check will provide you with detailed information about a vehicle’s MOT history, including the dates of each test, the results of each test, and any advisories or failures. You may also be able to see the mileage recorded at each test and any notes made by the MOT tester.
Can I check the MOT history of any vehicle?
You can check the MOT history of any vehicle that has had an MOT test carried out in the UK. However, you will need to have the vehicle’s registration number and a few other details in order to access the information.
Is there a fee for checking a vehicle’s MOT history?
At Rapid Car Check, we offer a free basic MOT history check that provides you with the date of the last test and the expiry date of the current MOT. However, if you want more detailed information, such as the results of each test and any advisories or failures, you will need to purchase a full MOT history report.
How often should a vehicle have an MOT test? In the UK, most vehicles must have an MOT test every 12 months once they are more than three years old. However, some vehicles may require more frequent testing, such as taxis or private hire vehicles.
Can I get a refund if I’m not happy with the MOT history report?
At Rapid Car Check, we offer a satisfaction guarantee on all of our MOT history reports. If you are not happy with your report for any reason, you can contact us within 30 days for a full refund.
More on MOT Checks
In this comprehensive guide, we’ll walk you through the significance of MOT history checks, how they can empower you, and the reasons why you should choose our trusted service. By the way, here’s some interesting facts about MOTs we gathered, just read the article here. So, let’s take the wheel and explore the roads of your vehicle’s past together…
MOT due date
- Find out when your next MOT is due by entering you reg.
- Our free report reveals the last 25 MOT mileage records.
Current MOT Status
- Find out whether the MOT is valid or expired instantly.
- Find out why a vehicle failed its MOT.
- See advisory notes on previous mot tests.
All MOT Records
- Our report shows you all available MOT checks.
The MOT test and what Rapid Car Check can help with…
What’s an MOT and why is it important?
MOT stands for Ministry of Transport, the MOT test, is a test that is legally required every 12 months to ensure a vehicle is safe and roadworthy. The MOT test is required for most vehicles in the UK that are 3 years or older.
Where is an MOT test performed?
If your car requires an mot, then you have to book your mot at one of many mot centres.
Why check the mot status of your vehicle?
As the MOT test is a legal requirement and a test to ensure your vehicles safe, it’s important that you make sure your vehicle has a valid MOT. Our free report will show you vital MOT information such as:
- When your vehicle was last MOT tested
- When your vehicles MOT runs out (the mot due date or if the mot has expired)
- How many days you have left before your vehicles MOT expires
- How many previous MOT records your vehicle has
- Previous MOT failures and why the vehicle failed the mot
- What happens if your vehicle doesn’t have a valid MOT?
This is a question with more than one answer, there’s are several scenarios and problems that you may face it your vehicle doesn’t have a valid MOT, some of which include:
- If you get caught driving a vehicle without MOT, you will be fined, the amount usually depends on what sort of vehicle you are driving. For example, a car would be different to an LGV
- You can’t tax a vehicle without a valid MOT
- Your insurance may be invalid
- It may not be safe to drive the vehicle, if it doesn’t have a valid MOT
- If your selling your car, you may struggle if it doesn’t have MOT
- Top reasons for cars failing their MOT
This information was sourced from research carried out by What Car? Magazine in 2014. We have a further article covering interesting MOT advisories here.
- Screen wash empty or not full enough
- The car has a lot of clutter or dirt, make sure you clean the windows, mirrors and clean any clutter from the vehicle
- Registration plate problem – These sorts of problems include incorrect font/spacing, missing plate, personalised plates, dirty plates and more
- Stickers or air fresheners around the mirror obstructing the drivers view
- Dashboard warning lights that are on, be sure to check what it means and sort it before your MOT